- Do I need to contact you before shipping my camcorder or camera to you?
No, simply follow the step-by-step instructions on our repair order page.
- Is there any charge if I don’t want to have my camcorder or camera repaired?
No, the estimate and return shipping is free even if you don’t want to have your camcorder or camera repaired.
- Do you offer rush repair services?
Yes, our normal turnaround time is a week after you approve the estimate however, if you need your camcorder or camera back quicker just call us the morning after we receive it and let us know that you are in a rush for it, and in most cases we can get your camcorder back to you in just a day or two.
- How do I pay you?
We accept all major credit cards and you may also send in a personal check or money order for estimate amount.
- How and when do I get my estimate?
A technician will call you within two business days of receiving your camcorder or camera. We will fully evaluate your camcorder or camera and and let you know what’s wrong with it and how much it will cost to get fixed.
- How long does it take?
Normally, you will get your estimate within 2 business days after we receive your camcorder or camera. Most repairs are completed in less than a week after you approve the estimate. Rush turnarounds are available at no charge. Call us for more details on our rush service.
- What shipping carrier should I use to send my camcorder or camera to you with and should I insure it?
You could use any shipping carrier that is convenient to you. We recommend UPS or FedEx but USPS is fine too. We also recommend insuring your camcorder or camera for its current value.
- How long have you been in business?
Video One Repair was established in 1994
- Will you buy my broken camcorder or camera if I don’t want to have it fixed?
Yes, in most cases we will buy your camcorder or camera from you. Just let us know that you would like to sell it and we will offer you a fair price.
- How do I package my camcorder or camera so that it gets to you safely?
First off it is very rare that we get a camcorder or camera sent to us that was damaged in shipping even if it wasn’t packaged properly. The proper way to package your camcorder or camera is to wrap it with some bubble wrap and put it in a box with at least 2″ of packing popcorn around it.